4/16/11

Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld




 Language Arts
1. Read for enjoyment and discuss.

2. Discuss story elements: plot, setting, characters, point of view, etc.

3. Rewrite the story from Cloudette's point of view.  What was she feeling? What did she learn? What are her plans for the future?


Science
Allow Cloudette to serve as an introduction for units on weather, the water cycle, cloud types, rainbows, or classification.


Math
The AWESOME grid comparison at the beginning of the book serves as a great introduction to measurement, grids, and area.  I'm mathematically challenged, so I'm sure there is more to be done with grids, but by golly, I'll be darned if I know what it is!

Social Skills and Writing
Use topics from the book as journal or writing prompts.

Example: 
     * I'm really good at.....
     * I wish I was better at.... but I'm very good at....
     * If you were Cloudette, where would you go? Why?
     * Compare the way Cloudette moved and grew to the way real clouds move and grow.




No comments:

Post a Comment